'65-'66 Dual Redline Tires

• I sent a note to Coker tire together with a link to Charles' great images and blog. Coker said the NOS molds have NOT been available to them for some time, but they remain interested in coming up with a correct repro tire.

Edited by - round2K on 01/02/2010 20:15:53

• I recently viewed an ultra-low mile "100% Original NOT RESTORED" 1965 Coupe (6cyl) at NPD's Florida location and it had 13" whitewall U S Royal Safety 800s on it and they had the "ribs" if you will right at the tread on the sidewall-I can't he;p but to wonder why the 13" tires have the ribs and the 14" Dual redlined don't.....anyone else see this car in their showroom??-(also/fyi)the car DID NOT have the Ford logo on the headlights......

• Charles, It was basicly standing room only at the BBQ that NPD hosted after the GREAT 16th annual All-Ford show at Silver Springs park on Saturday-(most folks were inside due to the extreem cold weather-we even ate inside right on their glass counters!-NEAT PLACE)

Anyway-I couldn't see on the back of the tires, but the front side had only the "Safety 800" W/O the "xp" and I really couldn't even get close enough to try & see IF there were any DOT numbers or not-again these wer Whitewalls, not the dual reds.......may be Rick Schmidt could shed some light on this for us? paper sheet on car said it was 100% UNRESTORED.........

• This is in reference to the headlamps not having the Ford Logo. Some of the headlamps used by Ford during that time only had the manufactures name on the front ie General Electric, Westinghouse (W), and Tung-Sol(TS) at the bottom of the bulb. They all also had the words Sealed Beam at the bottom if I remember correctly. On the back side of the bulb it might say Made for Ford with a date. The bottom line is they didn't all have the ectched or script letting in the center of the head lamp.

• I have anouther question about the dual Reds:(I think I asked it before but have forgotten the snswer) where does the "glove box" sticker go for these? I originally thought it went on the inside of the door itself, but now I'm thinking it needs to go on the back wall, if you will of the glovebox itself?? and doesn't it need to go at a slight angle to duplicate how it was applied on the assembly line?? (Thanks)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!