1965 K-code dual exhaust

• Hello guys, can you tell me if all 65 k-code cars had both the reinforcements under the seat and the frame rail reinforcements? I purchased an early 65 car today with the under seat reinforcements but did not find the reinforcements in the framerails when I placed my finger in the holes. It seems to me that this might have been the case on another K-code car I saw a few years ago. Thanks

Tim

• In addition, the car is very early with a 5R07K138XXX vin and has the correct rear end plate for the third member. The car only has 16+K miles on it and is very fresh looking with all of the paint "OK" stamps and original CA black plates.

Tim

• If the car was early enough to be fitted with the transverse muffler system it will have the rear seat plates, but no the rear frame rail supports.

This system actually used different hangers closer to the rear axle up the frame rail, but did use the rear seat mounting points like the later system.

I believe this has been discussed here before - search the archive for transverse muffler and I think you'll find what you are looking for.

• If you car had a scheduled build date prior to March of 65 it is likely that it will not have the GT reinforcements in the frame rail. If the scheduled build date is between 10/15/64 and 3/22/65 it would likely have been an Arvinode equipped car. If it was built prior to 10/15/64 it would likely have been a transverse dual car. In either case the two types of systems were used before the GT duals were introduced in March of 65 when Ford started adding the frame rail reinforcements.

Edited by - round2K on 04/03/2008 22:01:58

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!