Underhood chalk markings

• I just got a 67 S code fastback from a customer who needs the car reassembled, car is all painted and engine compartment as well but they never documented any of the overspray or chalk marks before stripping and repainting. What is the best source for info on reproducing the assembly line markings in the engine compartment. The car was built in Edison NJ. Thanks Scott

• Well Scott you have a great challenge since we have no way of telling what that particular car came with.

As for "chalk marks" are you just looking for the assembly line markings such as rotation and inspectors or are you looking for everything including paint marks and daubs that identified the parts as well as the inspector and assembly indicators?

• Well, I will take whatever info and advice I can get. This is going to be a driver car but we all strive to do the best job even knowing that some of the detail may disappear in a year or two. Rotation and check off markings would be nice, if I can redo a few of the markings on the engine and accessories that would also be good. This is another one of those projects that started as a repaint and turned into a complete do over with no thought given to any documentation, too bad because this is a very complete car with most if not all of its original parts. But, 40 years and 80k miles take its toll here in eastern Pa. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Scott

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!