exh man lock tabs

• would a 66 k have ramp lock bolts,or lock tabs, or both on the manifold? Lately I've seen pics of engine bays an some have lock tabs an some donot. I checked 4th addition book pics of engine an one has an one has not. was there a cut off.

• You will find both on 66 cars. Early cars should have tabs and later cars ramp locks. Bob Mannel's book says the change took place in December of '65 (page 6-25). You can also double check details like these if you are a member of MCA and you download the rules book for concours cars.

Edited by - round2K on 01/19/2008 18:10:11

• The rules say 64-65 tab lock 66 early tab or ramp lock bolts 66 looks like you could go either way. I'm curious wich would be more correct. would you use ramp lock bolts with tabs. I amagine it must be one or the other

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Would you use ramp lock bolts with tabs. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Nope, it's one or the other.

• Thanks, for clearing that up, I guess I'll have to get some new hardware. My kar has a build date of feb 66.Thats why I was curious how far into 66 the tabs were used.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!