• Hipo or non-hipo. I've read several old posts in regards to this casting but not sure what the findings were. I've found one with the right date code but won't bid unless this unit was used in hipo motors. Thanks

• The C6ZE-A flywheel has an engineering number of C6ZE-6375-A, which cross-references to C3OZ-6375-D, which has as an application the 1966 Mustang Special from 7-1-66 to 10-1-66. It is supposed to be marked with the letter A and have a 160-tooth ring gear. This info exhausts my knowledge base. (Past experience has led me to make allowances for stamped number formats, such as A or C6ZE-A. Also, dates never give their basis, such as car scheduled date, engine assembly date, or some other benchmark date only know by Ford. I consider all dates as guides and not in concrete. I also don't know the casting number of these flywheel. It could be C3OE-6380-B, but maybe not.)

• I believe that the particular flywheel in question is one that just ended on Ebay and has a casting number of C6ZE 6380 A with a stamping of C7ZE-A. The date code is 2C22 which at the very earliest would have been March 22, 1972. It is definitely not an original flywheel however it does match as a Ford replacement Hipo flywheel in the Ford parts manuals.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!