Can dates be too close together?

• In doing some research for folks looking at my car, I have come across some interesting dates.

It seems that the casting date on my block is November 16, 1965. The production date on the warranty tag is November 15, 1965, but I realize these can be a month or more off. The engine assembly date is November 18. The carb is a November carb. Everything says november, but the casting date being one day after the production date is a little wierd.

In other news, one of the folks looking at the car has some contacts with the MCA. When I bought the car, it had an MCA sticker in the window. It seems that the fellow's contact knows some of the history of my car and he was able to confirm not only that the mis-stamping of the 8 instead of a 9 on the engine and tranny were a Ford mistake, but also that the car is a true GT. I am trying to get in touch with this MCA guy to find out more.

Charles - As an MCA insider, what kind of records and information does the MCA keep on cars? Is there any way to track the history of a car as it relates to the MCA?

• Just remember that the date on the door tag is the <i><b>scheduled</b></i> build date and can be off as much as days or weeks before or after.

Depending on how long ago the car was shown at an MCA show, there may be some records. But, the only records would be the VIN recorded and maybe what shows the car was entered in. If it was over 5 years ago, MCA would most likely not have any information about the car.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!