2 underhood details

• I've noticed on photos of kars that the windshield washer bag isn't always in the same place. My kar has 2 sets of dimples, one is farther back and higher, the other is farther forward and down slightly. Is there some reason for the 2 sets, and is there a correct set to use?

Also I've noticed that many use a black top coil (probably Pertronix)instead of yellow top. Anyway, where on the coil does the sticker go on '65 models?

• On early mustangs with factory A/C and Eaton power steering set up, the fluid reservoir was mounted above the washer bag toward the shock tower. Later when ford used their P/S pump, the filler neck was tilted toward the rear to clear the A/C compressor. On HiPo's you would have neither.

Dave V.

• Thanks, Dave. I remember reading something about those steering pumps before. In the "K Mustangs" section of the forum, the recent one titled "Legendary" has it in the wrong spot. Nice car, though. I also don't see a sticker on the coil on that one (should it have that?), and I think the steering linkage isn't the correct detail color. Anyway those coincidentally were details I was wondering about.

BTW- it was nice talking to you a few weeks back...

Edited by - b9folk on 11/01/2006 11:34:13

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>I've noticed on photos of kars that the windshield washer bag isn't always in the same place. My kar has 2 sets of dimples, one is farther back and higher, the other is farther forward and down slightly. Is there some reason for the 2 sets, and is there a correct set to use?<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Please understand there were factory and dealer versions and installations. This normally explains the difference in location and the size of the bag and mounting bracket

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Also I've noticed that many use a black top coil (probably Pertronix)instead of yellow top. Anyway, where on the coil does the sticker go on '65 models?<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

No stickers were used on coils they were ink stamped - and the stamp was normally placed on the lower third of the coil

Hope this helps

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!