Holman Moody Intake on stock motor

• I'm wrapping up the assembly of the K engine and just installed the HM high rise dual plane intake. Stock heads, stock cam and valve train. Standard bore and crank. Hardened seats, Keith Black pistons, new rings, bearings and cam gears and chain. Petronix, stock exhaust manifolds. Basically a stock K code from top to bottom except for the intake.

My question is carburetion. We have the original 1.12 manual choke that is in good condition. Our machinist suggested going with a better carburetor especially with this intake. What carburetion would be better than the original shoe box?

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

What carburetion would be better than the original shoe box?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

None, in my opinion. Of course, in what aspect do you consider better?

I am running the FORD version of that intake on a stock engine with a HIPO carb. No leaks, no screwing around with it, it idles good. Would a Holley out accelerate it? Maybe, maybe not.

Edited by - 289kford on 02/16/2011 16:10:46

• A Holley 650 would flow better. Better acceleration not likely under 4000 -4500 rpm, but the Holley would take over from 4500 to the red line. If you are just going to be cruising around town I'd stick with the 1.12 Autolite. If you want to run it up to the red line often, I'd go with a Holley. Just my opinion

Z.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!