Stock Appearing Drags July 28th

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

UGH...A GOAT! I was expecting to see a Mustang.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

OK, here ya go, Ron...

<center>[Blocked Image: http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2007-6/1263969/EnglishtownRace.jpg]</center>

I tried to get a few local K codes to come out for another HiPo shootout, Ron, but there were no takers this year...

• That's better, thanks for the pic.

Can't say as I blame people for backing off on the racing of their K's.

I'm done too. Now that my Dad sold all his spare parts I don't need to window a block, especially before I officially put it on the market for sale.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Can't say as I blame people for backing off on the racing of their K's...I'm done too. Now that my Dad sold all his spare parts, I don't need to window a block, especially before I officially put it on the market for sale.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

It's hard to think you're going to be selling the car, Ron. It wasn't that long ago when you finished the restoration and started posting here. I was looking forward to seeing you and the car at Carlisle last year before your plans got cancelled...

My plan was to be a spectator at the first FAST event at Englishtown a couple years ago. But, my friend Mike showed up with his K fastback, and he was ready to race! I couldn't refuse the challenge. What could be better than a classic head to head match up between two HiPo Mustangs that have identical drivetrains?

Neither of our cars are set up for drag racing, and we couldn't drop the clutches at high revs for the "ultimate launch". Our tires weren't sticky enough for that kind of start anyway, and FAST rules don't allow slicks. The best way to race was to get the car rolling, and then nail the pedal. My car was good for a couple of 15 second runs down the strip, and I felt the car could break into the high 14's with slicks and some practice. My car handled the drags without any harm, but I guess there's always a chance for something to break!

• There's my first problem...racing background. SO VERY competitive by nature.

My first time down the track in my Kar fall of 2005 was against a co-worker with a white 87 GT with a red stripe. How cool huh?

But I drove it like I did at Super Ford in 1990, not like it was a fresh resto. Left hard, beat it hard, and ran 14.9.

Not to shabby for standard bore, stock cam, manifolds, points, and the tri-power. I think it would 14.5 now, but I'll never find out.

I was truly let down by not being able to make Carlisle in 2006. Things have changed in my life...desires, interests, goals and most of all...household income. 50% down, so things have changed.

I was truly let down by not being able to make Carlisle in 2006. Things have changed in my life...desires, interests, goals and most of all...household income. 50% down, so things have changed.

It had to be a big disappointment for you when that trip to Carlisle was cancelled. You've made some tough decisions, and it takes courage and wisdom to do what is right for you and your family. Here's hoping everything works out so that you will have no regrets.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!