Master Cylinder correct color

• At the AACA SE meet in Charlotte April 9 I had my engine bay judged by an MCA-affiliated judge, who told me that the disc brake master cylinder bodies should be black instead of 'natural' per (current) MCA opinion, and that I would be docked in an MCA event for sporting natural metal color. Unless I 'corrected' it.

Does anyone in the group have an original engine bay picture showing the original state of a disc brake master cylinder? I'd like to see what originally came on Mustangs for this option: painted, or natural.

I'd like my Kar to look 'correct' when I show it without being obsessive. My class is concours trailered, so this is not a thoroughbred class Kar. Leaf springs natural, master cylinder painted; I can't keep up with all of the changes demanded by this group, and it seems that they have changed their requirements for 'original appearance' since I've been restoring my Mar 65 Dearborn FB.

Five years, three months: I can't believe it's done!

Please post a picture of an original master cylinder (in place) if you have one, and thanks in advance!

• Thanks for the input. Yes, I'll take you up on the fittings. I keep running into Fitz, maybe someday will connect on the battery...

In the meantime, I guess I'll get out the black spray can. Argh!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!