Z-bar bushings

• I want to replace my bushings but I am worried about the bolts that hold the frame rail bracket. As far as I know, they have never been removed and the last thing I need is for one or both of them to snap off. I have not even tried them yet, I am going to look for a hole that I can load the threads up with WD40 or the like, so, this may be not be a problem at all. Just wondering what to look forward to.

• <font face='Comic Sans MS'>As those holes and their threaded inserts are very well protected from water intrusion by being buried inside the frame rail and then the bracket acting as a cover for all of it, I doubt you will exprience any problem.

All bets are off however for any car that spent its life in the north east quadrant of the US. I believe plastic even rusts in that locale!</font id='Comic Sans MS'>

[Blocked Image: http://s4.tinypic.com/30w2jyw_th.jpg]

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

All bets are off however for any car that spent its life in the north east quadrant of the US. I believe plastic even rusts in that locale![/font=Comic Sans MS]

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

All it's life in Ohio. I have had it since 76 and it has not been in the snow/salt mix while in my ownership. The last guy did not drive it either, so maybe since 72 it's been parked for the winters.

That did not stop the frame rails or quarters from rusting though.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!