Replacement Carpet

• Has anyone used the "Raylon" carpet from NPD? I want to replace the carpet in my 65K and am not necessarily looking for a concours correct replacement just one that looks good and wears good.

Jack

Edited by - SixT5HiPo on 01/14/2010 11:58:59

• Now from where I am sitting the carpet looks great! was there much coaxing or trimming done to get it to fit like it looks now? is this a new product (for NPD) who is the supplier? Thanks for the pics!

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Now from where I am sitting the carpet looks great! was there much coaxing or trimming done to get it to fit like it looks now? is this a new product (for NPD) who is the supplier? Thanks for the pics!<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote> It is very easy to install without much effort.(very little trimming) I purchased my carpet from NPD in Charlotte, and have used this same type carpet on the last few cars that i have restored. I'm not sure who supplies NPD with the carpet, but i must say that i am always pleased with the outcome!

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>jr.S, thanks for the reply and the picture. Your install looks great. Did you use the regular jute underlayment or the heat shield?

Jack <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote> Thanks. The carpet comes with the underlayment, but i also use heat shield. If you want to save a little $$, you can get the same type of heat shield material from "Lowe's" (cost less than what you'd pay from a dealer). I like to use the heat shield to help with road noise etc. and it helps with filling any voids or spaces there might be between the carpet and floor. It makes the appearance of the carpet smoother and more pleasing to the eye. I will post a picture of the heat shield before i installed the carpet (if i can rustle one up).

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Is the red an early '65? It doesn't appear that the carpet goes up around and over the door sill area.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Yes, august 1964 build date

I couldn't find a picture of the installed heat shield before i installed the carpet, but i did take a picture to show the stuff I use. (from Lowe's)

[Blocked Image: http://i49.tinypic.com/fkyw7b.jpg]

Edited by - jr.S on 01/06/2010 20:27:12

• Its the new carpet from acc as the 80/20 is obosolete as of 8 months ago. I have been working with the sales manager to get it to fit correctly.. make sure you order it in the flat box. with the jude not attached.. in the past year we have made great strides making this fit.. it all came from the original maslin carpet that I had obtained and we worked from their.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!