Rear Spring Question

• Can anybody tell me what the bottom of spring bolt looks like?Some shock plate pics and bottom spring pics would help as bottom hole is bigger then bolt and I think something is missing?

Edited by - SixT5HiPo on 08/22/2009 23:16:01

• Those are AMK. The proper early springs actually should have a round hole, but no one is reproducing them. You can make your own out of bulk stock from Eaton Spring or some other local spring rebuilder, but it takes more time than I have.......

• Actually the hole should be "D" shaped. The round hole did not appear until 1970.

The three distinct holes (D, square and round) also had a tang size that was unique to each hole.

Scott

• RPM,

Didn't you ask about the bolt that holds the

spring leafs together not the clamps?

If so, please remember that the bolt for HiPo's

(65 and 66) has a longer head as the center hole

is deeper than on a 8 inch rear axle.

If the bolt with the shorter head is used the

rear axle may move around.

/Bo

• Yes and thanks for the comment as I found some original spring bolts in my NOS stuff I was going thru.Got my springs detailed back as they were and just need to put clamps on them.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Actually the hole should be "D" shaped. The round hole did not appear until 1970.

The three distinct holes (D, square and round) also had a tang size that was unique to each hole.

Scott

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Scott - have to respectfully disagree about the round holes on early cars. Have seen them on many early K codes while researching the exhaust mount locations in the frame rails. We had 18 K codes at Ron Bramlett's Mustangs Plus "K" Day show a couple of years ago and I noted many round holes.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!