Delux woodgrain steering wheel ?

• I have two suggestions for you. Investigate Bill Herndon's Pony Warehouse located in Wake Forest, NC. The early years reconditioned wheels that they sell seem to please most people but they are not 100% spot on. The most accurate restoration of the woodgrain part was previously available through Pete Geisler at Orlando Mustang located in Osteen, FL. I believe that he had an artist actually doing the woodgrain restoration for him and it was by far the best work that I have seen on a restored plastic woodgrain wheel, almost looked like NOS. I am unsure if Pete still offers this service and if it is of the same level of workmanship. Woodgrain steering wheel restoration is time consuming work with lots of attention to detail if done properly. If there are other people that offer great workmanship, I would like to hear about them also.

• special wheel, 857 nine times rd sc. They did mine an it came out mint, original grain in plastic. came with 3 year warranty around 285 bucks at the time.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

special wheel, 857 nine times rd sc. They did mine an it came out mint, original grain in plastic. came with 3 year warranty around 285 bucks at the time.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Are they still in business?

• Herndon's restored a 67 woodgrain wheel for me years ago

and I was less than pleased with both the results and their

customer service skills to try and make it right! Orlando

Mustang did have an older gentleman restoring wood wheels years back

and they looked outstanding. Give Pete a call as he may still

offer this service. He is a stand-up guy and offers excellent

customer service. David

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!