• It may be a long shot but I have an NOS right side exhaust and I'm trying to find a left side. Was told by the local Ford parts guy years ago the Ford continued to make the right side for years after the left side due to a broken jig for the left side. I don't know how true this is but the right side exhaust was still available from Ford in '84 and not the left.

• What part of the exhaust are you talking about? Manifold, muffler, resonator?

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Gary, You have a C6ZZ 5230 E and you need a C6ZZ 5230 F. In 1984 you had just missed the left side going obsolete. I had ordered a pair in, I believe, December 1983 and got them. This was the last order from Ford for the year. In January I ordered another pair for the first Ford order of the year and the left side had gone obsolete over the Christmas holiday. I called a friend of mine at the Ford national parts distribution center and explaned my problem to him. He said that he would ship me any that he could find. He ended up shipping me 14 left sides. Then I ordered the matching right sides as they were still available. I actually ordered another 6 extra right hand sides with the intention of using the mufflers and resonators by making new pipes for the left side. At least that way they would sound right. I then approached Arvin to see if they would make more left hand sides. It took a lot of calls to get to the right person at Arvin as they were spread out over several states. I was finally successful and they agreed to work me up a price on them. A few days later my Ford rep showed up and asked me if I still wanted Arvin to make them. I thought that I had bypassed Ford with this but my Ford rep explaned to me that if something was getting a Ford logo that Ford would be involved. He gave me the price and althouigh it was less than the current Ford cost on the right side, the shear volume necessary for the order stopped me. I had to buy a minimum of 250 units and they were FOB Indiana as I recall and I was in California. At the time it was over $25,000 and that was a huge nut for me to crack so I had to pass on the deal. This disproves the theory that was related to you about a broken jig as Arvin did not have a problem making them if I wanted them.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• I know Ford can do some weird things but why obsolete one side and not the other makes no sense, especially if the supplier can still make it. My Kar has a repo exhaust on it from Branda back in the 80's. That exhaust and the Motive repo are close but the resonator shape is different. Its just annoying me and the old exhaust is starting to split a resonator and needs replacement.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!