Suggestion for Dallas Car Work

• Quantum Performance in Farmers branch if you want a large shop or Jay Peppler in Denton if you want a one man shop.

Quatum Perormance # is 972 620 4440. I don't have Jays #.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Jay'S Auto And Performance

(940) 383-2305

2364 Chinn Rd, Denton, TX 76207

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Thats him. One of the best mechanics I know. Worked for Ford for many years before opening his own shop. He would be my first choice.

Larry

Edited by - 63Kcode on 01/26/2009 12:58:00

• As a follow up Larry.

Quantum Performance in Dallas was terrible. I've communicated with Mike Wilson on several occasions about getting my car into their shop, but he's done basically nothing in 2 months. (shakes head)

I finally ended up taking it to another referral who's done more in 2 days then they did in 2 months. Maybe some others have had some great service with QP. I sure hope so, because I'm impressed in no way shape or form.

I'm not much for complaining, but Mike clearly doesn't know how to communicate. I hope others have a better experience the I did.

• Thanks for the feedback on QP. I hate it when people I recomend don't live up to expectations. I called and talked to the owner, Kenny Northum. He has read you emails and would like to hear from you personally. If you get a chance call and ask for Kenny. He explained to me why it is talking so long, but two months of bad comunication is hard to dismiss.

Larry

• Thanks Larry,

I Ken tried to get in contact with me on 3 occasions yesterday and we connected today.

He was very eager and passionate on how correct the situation. I completely understand his reasoning on why it's taking time to get my car into his shop. That's completely understandable. Having to wait on a good shop isn't unheard of.

What I tried to make sure I expressed clearly it was the lack of simple communication and follow-up that led to the relationship going south. I think he understood that and wants to make sure it's something QP can learn from and improve.

I was very impressed and satisfied with my dialog with him. The conversation ended with me next sending him an email once my car is home from it's current repairs. Also to note in a previous response Mike also apologized for the lack of communication.

At this point I consider the problem resolved. I'm still cautious but optimistic about them doing work on my car in the future.

• Since 4/14 I've received 1 confirmation email in which Ken said we'd talk on 4/21 about bringing in my car. After 2 follow up emails and a phone message I haven't heard a thing.

Looks like I'll be taking my car someplace else. Quantum Performance is out in my book. Something is not right over there.

Does anyone have any experience with C & S Performance. http://candsperformance.com. After brief conversation I was able to go and check out their facilities yesterday. They had some nice cars in there and seemed professional.

• I have heard good things about them when they were Keith Craft. They did a motor in a friends 67 GT500. He has Lots of good thing to say about them. Sorry QP was a waist of your time!

Larry

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!