66 COLOR CODE 5

• I have a 66 fastback color code 5 signal flare red.The car was striped when I got it but it still had the original paint under the windshield and back glass seals.Also the floor pans inside.The problem is the paint chip for code 5 is much reder than what is left on the car.The paint under the windshield seal is oranger.It looks more like the poppy red maby just like it.I am convinced the paint under the front and back glass is origional.There in lies the problem what color should it be.By the way the door tag is factory.Anyone run into this?This car has parchment with black appt. f6 what color stripe would it have came with (gt).Thanks for any help. Rick

• You're right about one thing, it IS red. I had a 66 'A' code fastback in signal flare red as well and the color is more red than the Ford color 'poppy red' but not as dark as 'rangoon red'. In 'How To Restore Your Mustang' by Larry Dobbs there are color samples that show what it should be, at least the older edition had them. The only GT stripes were white.

Jim

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!