Fuel Pump Canister

• Hi, does anyone repop the 65 fuel filter canisters in white with red screen printing. I know Scott Drake shows red canisters with white print in their catalog but I have no idea what year they are correct for?

• I just bead blasted mine - painted it with off white paint from "Walmart" and applied the repoped decal.

It looks great. I actually bought an original can in bad cosmetic shape for $5 (just look for one that is not dented).

Would be nice if someone repoped it correctly with the paint stamp.

Has anyone thought of having or has anyone made a stamp?

If we can get a good photo of an original "label" it should not be too hard to get a stamp made. Then we just need to get the paint colors right.

I've seen NOS ones on eBay occasionally, but the owners thin they are gold plated.

• Yeah, I have refurbed the originals as well but the main concern is that the originals were all cad plated and then they were painted white on the outside. Most 40 year old canisters have the plating gone from use or from bead blasting. I certainly don't want paint on the inside where the fuel sits, and if you leave it bare you can get rust from any precipitation that happens to be in the fuel. It would be just so much better if if Scott Drake just painted his the correct color.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!