under carpet Noise damper

• I have decided to scrap the original under carpet noise damper and go with something more modern to stop noise, heat and vibration from entering my 65 Fastback. Two fold question here.

1) Anyone have any suggestions on brands that they are happy with?

In some other forum quite a few people talked about a product called Peel & Seal Self-Stick Aluminum Roll Roofing. Anyone heard about this stuff?

2) What is the square footage of a 65/66 interior and trunk?

Thanks!

Edited by - 5F09C on 12/11/2007 20:40:24

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I used the SSnakeoyl underlayment - fantastik stuff. (I had to pull the backing off from the new carpet that I bought, then inserted some of it back in under the carpet over the front part of the trans tunnel to get a good fit there - a carpet problem, not underlayment problem. The quality of SSnakeoyl is very high.

http://www.hipomustang.com/hpmx/topic.asp…ms=underlayment

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I bought the SnakeOyl underlayment kit also, but haven't installed it yet. I was hoping to wait until a better carpet kit becomes available. I'd actually like to use the second skin sound deader as well as the underlayment. Hope there is room for it all

Z. Ray

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I was hoping to wait until a better carpet kit becomes available.

Z. Ray

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Can't blame you on this one. If better carpet ever becomes available, I'll be replacing mine.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I was hoping to wait until a better carpet kit becomes available.

Z. Ray

Can't blame you on this one. If better carpet ever becomes available, I'll be replacing mine.

If they come out with carpet that fits I would replace all three of mine.

Do hipo cars get thicker dampers .

Larry

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!