Tracking down your old Car

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Is there anyway you can track a car you used to own by the VIN and license plate#?? Trying to find my old 65 Convertible from high school...<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

<font face='Comic Sans MS'>In 1999, I was able to locate a '71 Corvette I bought new in Riverside that same year. Hoping the car still existed and was still in California, I sent a request to the DMV in Sacramento with a $5.00 fee (as I recall) to do a VIN search. A few weeks later I received a computer printout that identified the current registered owner by name only. Did a 'White Pages' computer search and it coughed up an address/tel #.

I was probably lucky to have a positive result, but it is a possible starting point for you. </font id='Comic Sans MS'>

[Blocked Image: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid157/p4f8ee1bd214d6f407a7e7df72a842ee9/f5253efc.jpg]

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I'd like to include myself in the question. Does anyone know where 5F08K-309477 might be located? Wife sold it while I was in RVN.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Assuming that you are dealing with Michigan, you'll have a difficult time tracking your VIN. I contacted the state here and was informed that they do not keep records older than (I think) 10 years.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> I'd like to include myself in the question. Does anyone know where 5F08K-309477 might be located? Wife sold it while I was in RVN.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Attached is the link to request a vehicle title search in Michigan.

http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,1607,7-127--28744--,00.html

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!