paint daub paint

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

............. Without exception all of the cars with the "D" had disc brakes. .....................

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

John, are you speaking of Dearborn, NJ or San Jose?

Edited by - J_Speegle on 05/22/2007 22:03:56

Edited by - J_Speegle on 05/22/2007 22:11:50

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I might agree that the "Ds" could indicate Disc brakes but not a clue about the others.

Bill

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Often we see 65-66 cars (mostly Dearborn - but hit and miss on San Jose cars) with a "shopping list" written on the radiator support. Often these include the second rotation number, interior color/code, exterior color and other notes to remind someone on the line what was done or needed to be done.

• The cars that had the "D" and were equipped with disc brakes were both San Jose and Dearborn. Again, it may have just been something that happened and does not indicate a disc brake car - just something that I have observed over the years and thought that now was a good time to see if this theory holds water. The New jersey cars are a mystery to me, seldom see one in the Midwest. I hope that others chime in on this discussion and let uys know about the "D" found on early Mustangs. I have been curious about this for many years.

• Sorry, forgot to mention that my car is a Dearborn. Have a GT K-Code Coupe in shop that is a Metuchen car. I'll check its fender markings.

Bill

• John I've got "D's" on even 6 cylinders in the later 60's and on non disc brake car in 68.

Do not currently have a picture of a 65-66 6 cylinder with a "D"

Of course it is not always easy to determine if a car in a yard originally had drums or disc brakes (V8 cars)

Of the pictures of early NJ cars ... don't see as many scribes as Dearborn. More like lesser marked San Jose cars so far

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!