• Have any of the forum members used Mike Ulrey's (Florida) services, especially carburetor restoration? Is his work quality? Is he reliable and punctual? Can you count on him to deliver as promised? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

• I haven't used him but if you try the Advanced Search feature for "Mike Ulrey", make sure "Archived Posts" is checked, there's some good info there.

Dave
    6S1757

• I had Mike do my Hipo carb last winter. He did a very nice job, priced about the same as Pony. I would only say that if you are in a hurry, the turnaround was quite long. He's certainly very knowledgeable and has been in the business since the 60's, 70's.

• Thanks for the information. I purchased a correct autolite from him last May and asked him to restore it. My carburetor finally arrived the day after I posted on this forum. I was starting to wonder if I would ever receive the carburetor - especially after calling him six times over the past year. The work is top flight and Mike apprears to be an above board individual. However, as has been stated several times in this forum, his turn around is very slow.

• Good thing everyone got done with the parts Mike did as Mike is NO longer with us.He passed away Sept.2008 and will be missed.He was a good friend of mine and hope he finally rests as he was always into rebuilding something!

• His passing was certainly a shock, I just found out when I received the new Fairlaner. I had 2 carbs restored by him, finally getting a chance to meet and talk with him at the Columbus Show last year. We lost a great guy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!