65 Convertible Exhaust Question

• I wonder if you experienced guys might help me. I want to add headers and a good stainless steal exhaust system to my 65 K conv with GT style rear valance. Each exhaust system I look at advises that "modifications" will be needed to make it fit on a convertible. What type of modifications do you guys typically see or does someone make a good system that is "bolt on"? Thanks guys.

• My experience has been that most after market systems have to have modifications. The last two "stock" Hi Po systems that I installed had to be moved or stretched to fit so I took them to a muffler shop for heating and bending. I would recommend you do the same.

Good luck with your new system.

• I've had a local muffler shop install various header type exhaust systems on three convertible. There is minor modification due to the fact that convertibles have the extra re-enforcing and getting the pipes to tuck up properly is trial and fit. Most aftermarket systems will need modifications. It is doable. The shop just needs to have patience.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!