9" Rear Axle Question

• Unfortunately if you want the tapered tubes yes. I don't know what the PO of my car did that he destroyed the rear end but my kar had a '57 straight tube 9" in it which I had retubed to more closely resemble the original rear. I'm still looking for an original '66 9" housing to this day. I've seen several '65 9" housings but have yet to find a '66 (at least that wasn't price completely out of the ball park). I feel fortunate to have the original VIN stamped engine in the kar!

• Hello Marcus

Let me start off buy saying I have one but, and I do mean BUT. I was going to put it in my 66 so I would need one from a 66 to replace it (do you have one from a 66?) what are they worth if selling out right? its just the housing, are these 9 inch ones that hard to find? it is the correct one with the taperd tubes but it was out of a 65 K code, that would be ok for me because mine is not a K code its an A code

• Before I got rid of my magazine collection a short time ago, I saw an article that talked about one of the gear vendors (Currie Enterprises, maybe?) that had a huge pile of old housings. Of course, that may have been 10-15 years ago... I wonder if Perogie Enterprises might be able to help.

• Perogie had an original '65 housing about 18 months ago when I was thinking about replacing mine.

My original has one tube re-welded - actually broke it racing. The restoration shop was confident they could clean it up nicely.

Edited by - RalphJr on 01/09/2007 14:12:55

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!