tri y header ?

• has anyone installed tri y headers in a 65 with the hipo linkage and not have any issues, would like to know brand and if you did have to modify where and how much, thanks inadvance Otto

• Jim Cowles at Shelby Parts and Restoration has reproduced exact spec. Tri-Ys but they aren't cheap. He had a set on ebay last month, item# 270046068982, that got bid up to $681 and didn't meet reserve. Don't know how many sets he plans to make. He also sells a set of big tube Tri-Ys that I think go for around $900.

Has anyone bought or seen either of these?

Dave
    6S1757

• I installed a set of tri-ys from Branda. They are very close on the driver side, but do not touch anything. I had them powder-coated for $40 at a place near Detroit.

• Hi , did you have to dimple the pipes on the drivers side for the clutch linkage, and how long ago did you get them, and any chance you remember the brand, i know places seem to change their supplier often thanks Otto

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Hi , did you have to dimple the pipes on the drivers side for the clutch linkage, and how long ago did you get them, and any chance you remember the brand, i know places seem to change their supplier often thanks Otto

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Otto - I bought them about three years ago and installed them 1 year ago. I do not remember the brand - sorry. I did not have to dimple either one of them. Thought I might when test fitting, but it does not touch. After test fit, I did the powder coating. They are very nice. Oh, I had to mill them at the gasket area to get them flat. I don't think this is unusual.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!