Restoration Opinions

• Ron,

OK, will do. The pics with the air cleaner off would be nice to look at. If I find I can't easily modify the kit I will send it to you. Thanks very much for your help.

Gary

• As for battery, I have used repro batteries for 10 years with no problems. The first two were the "add the acid" type and I just bought a new sealed/maintanance free type unit this fall. I would think that as long as you are not drastically overcharging the battery, I do not think you would have any problem, especially with the newer type sealed maintanance free units.

Jack

• Gary - The one I just bought came from Mustangs Unlimited (only about a 1/2 hour from my house) but most of the Mustang vendors do carry them - Love your car by the way, great color combo and IMHO the tri power setup is a winner - I would leave it for sure.

Jack

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Gary - The one I just bought came from Mustangs Unlimited (only about a 1/2 hour from my house) but most of the Mustang vendors do carry them - Love your car by the way, great color combo and IMHO the tri power setup is a winner - I would leave it for sure.

Jack

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Thanks Jack.... When I first saw the Emberglo Metalic on the computer I wasn't sure I would like it or not. When I saw it in person I was sold on it. The F4 interior trim was the crowning touch for me.

Yes, I'm going to keep the tri power on the car. I'll just put the original carb and manifold on the shelf. Funny thing, I was going to take the headers off and put the original manifolds back on but it appears these are Tri Y headers. Now, if they are originals I will be one happy camper.... that is doubtful. Is there any numbers I could check for?

Thanks again for the kind words and the info on the correct battery.

Gary

• Ron,

Thanks very much. I will give it a try tomorrow using your pictures as a guide. If I can't get it I will send it to you. Also, I am going to take some pictures of my 3x2's and let you look at the linkage. Doesn't seem to be like yours. My intake appears to be polished.... maybe a previous owner did it.

I was told my intake and carbs were installed by the dealer when the original owner bought the car. Do you know what numbers I should look for to verify it is Ford equipment?

Gary

Edited by - garymcgowan on 12/07/2006 16:26:31

• Center carb List # 2881 Ford Part# C5AF-9510-U, outer carbs, List #2881, Ford C5AF-9510-V.

Buddy Bar Casting on the bottom of the intake. Have a look around the site above. Lots of good pics with all this info I just mentioned.

For the linkage adjustments and jetting...get the book I gave you the link to above. I can not begin to tell you the amount of grief it will save you.

If your linkage is hacked up or damaged, Blue Thunder direct or through Carl's Ford Parts has reproductions. Pony may also, but I would have to assume only one place makes it, everyone else sells it. I would think Thunder is the main source for that particular item in this case.

I was setting the linkage how I "thought" it should work progressively (based on past Flathead experience with Strombergs). Well I was wrong, and it ran horrible. Mr. Brattland told me how to set it up before I got his book, but after I ordered it.

Last summer I ran into an older fella that used to work at Dearborn Steel Tubing where the Ford 8v and 6v set ups were developed. Interesting conversation to say the least, as he was also there for the T-Bolt buildings.

Edited by - Beagle1 on 12/07/2006 19:46:54

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!