Rare NOS Parts For Sale

• Time to get rid of some stuff.......

NOS C5AE PCV Valve. Ford part# C5AZ-6A666-A1, engineering number stamped on the valve body is C5AE-6A666-A. This is that very rare valve with a hex base and non-threaded hose connection. This style valve was OE on 1965 and most 1966 Shelby GT350's. Outstanding NOS condition in the original AC box, no issues at all. $100 plus shipping. ~~SOLD~~

NOS Autolite BF-42 spark plugs ( with the star logo. No boxes but they are in perfect shape. These are a super rare early version with 3 ridges on the porcelin instead of the usual 5. $150 plus shipping. ~~SOLD~~

NOS Autolite BF-82 spark plugs ( with the star logo. They are in the original boxes and in perfect shape. $80 plus shipping. ~~SOLD~~

If interested please email me for pics. Will consider reasonable offers and/or trades.

Thanks,

Dave

dmgt350@aol.com

Edited by - Mad4HiPos on 04/27/2009 12:33:21

Dave
    6S1757

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Just out of curiosity what do the BF 82s fit?

I understand that the BF 42s were used on NON-hipo 289s....

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

think it was 6 cyl cars

• A question about the BF-42's I have for sale.....they have three ridges in the ceramic instead of the usual five. I've never seen a set like this but assume they are early OE plugs? Anyone know when the change from three to five ridges happened? Thanks.

Edited by - Mad4HiPos on 02/22/2009 16:45:21

Dave
    6S1757

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

The BF-42s were used on the regular 289s- not sure about the six cylinders.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Right, my question is if anyone has an idea when the switch from three to five ridges in the ceramic was made. I've never seen a set with three ridges before these. Six cylinders used BF-82.

Dave
    6S1757

• Dave,

When I found and bought two complete boxes of ten BF-32's

at Carlisle many years ago they were the last from a large

cardboard box that was dated 1965. They have 5 ridges so the swap from 3 ridges must have been done earlier than 65.

/Bo

• Hi Bo,

Thanks, that's good info. I just wonder how accurate box dates are? I have some NOS parts in blue Ford boxes that have 1966 printed on them but the parts and boxes are clearly much later, more likely from the 70's or 80's.

Dave

Dave
    6S1757

• Yes Dave, don't know for sure that the Autolite large

card board box was actually from 1965.

When did Autolite remove the STAR marked plugs from

their parts list.

/Bo

• Bo, I believe the star logo plugs disappeared sometime in 1967. It appears there was a brief period where the plugs didn't have a star logo but also did not say Powertip, I have two BF-32's like that. I think the Powertip plugs started showing up in 1968. I do think your info about the three ridges in the ceramic being pre-1965 is correct.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave
    6S1757

• Dave,

I have done a tiny bit of research relative to the question: Which version of insulators were OE on Cobras 1962-65? I have found only bits and pieces. I have a partial collection of Ford TSBs from the era. (A partial collection is hundreds of pages.)

Late summer 1963 engine assembly must have still used the Ver. 1 based on one TSB I have. Based on another TSB production was used to burn up obsolete designs so Ver. 1 could have lasted well into 1964. (i.e. newer designs could show up at parts counters while production still used the old plugs)

Based on the two TSBs I have it may have been possible that my car's engine assembled 4B7 could have had the three ridge models while at the same time the parts counter was selling the newer design.

I would love to find any other TSBs relative to this subject.

Dan

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!