WTB 14x5 stock wheels

• The 1965 parts manual that I have list Part # C4GY 1007-B as fitting

( Fairlane Series, (X) Falcon and (F) Mustang. The car that I was working on did't have any modifications. The stainless steel calipipers are a direct replacement for the 4 piston orginals. My parts book lists parts for 1965 Ford Motor Vehicles only. Poboy 427 your statement makes sense. I don't know for sure what the deal is. I do know that I had a problem. The next time that I have my car in the shop,I'm going try some wheels from a drum brake car on the front. Stay tuned.

• Chris & Guys: Sorry it took me so long to finally dig out my wheels but all I seem to have are wheels with "9M" as a date code-I have 4 of these wheels most with decent to brand new "roller" or "spares"

I would think that if someone wasn't particular on date codes and needed may be just one for a spare for the trunk they could clean these up and paint with the tire still mounted for a noce looking spare unit.

Most have been media blasted to bare steel, 1 is painted.

If anyone needs 1 or 2 I'll give you one at the Natioaal in Jax next month.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Chris & Guys: Sorry it took me so long to finally dig out my wheels but all I seem to have are wheels with "9M" as a date code-I have 4 of these wheels most with decent to brand new "roller" or "spares"

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Thanks Rick for looking. I got your e-mail this morning and was going to reply when I got home from work. 9M wouldn't work for me since that would indicate a 1969 Model year wheel . Maybe someone else could you use those...My search continues...

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

The stainless steel calipipers are a direct replacement for the 4 piston orginals.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I've had hit or miss luck with "direct replacement" parts over the years.

• I've just visited the Concourse Mustang (http://www.concoursemustang.com)web site and their was a discussion on 14 April 2011 about standard steel wheels that didn't fit disc brake 1965/66 Mustangs. It appears that I'm not the only one that's had this to occur. Based on my experience and that discussion it's obvious that Ford had a standard steel wheel that didn't fit early Mustangs with disc brakes.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!