Shock Absorber Recommendations

• Any comments/suggestions for Shock Absorbers from my '65 HIPO Conv? The car is a weekend occasional driver. No road racing, no drag racing, no show.

I'm looking for a good set of shocks - I will probably paint them Chassis Black before installation.

Thanks

• I found the shocks sold at NAPA to be good quality at a fair price. Their appearance is the closest I have seen to the originals. You can even choose between gas or hydraulic. They come in blue but I paint them black. Wish I could find original AUTOLITE shock decals. When I had a 66 convertible I kept them blue because they look so good with the blue engine.

• I have a set of KYB shocks in excellent condition that I took out of 66 convertible to put in the NAPA shocks. Personal preference..I don't like white shocks and the NAPA's look more original to me. Lots of folks use the KYB's though. I will sell all 4 KYB's for $75. Ed

• Edelbrocks without a doubt. Replaced Konis on my A-code FB with them about 4 years ago & they made a world of difference in ride quality & road handling (as opposed to track handling). I've got KYBs on the K convert & will convert them one of these days as well. Both cars have 620s up front, with urethane perches, spring isolators, billet rear shackles and urethane rear bushings and the KYBs are transmitting more road vibration to the cockpit, as measured by the "rear view mirror" test. Same tires (15 x7 BFG T/A's) on both as well. The K has 4-1/2 leaf rears and the FB still has 4-leaf (not much longer), so no major difference there, either.

Deryl

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!