anybody used this clutch in a 289 Hi-Po?

• CTF-DF021048

Centerforce Dual Friction Clutches

Clutch Kit, Metallic, 1 1/ 16 in. Diameter Shaft, 10-Spline, 10.4 in. Diameter Disc, Ford/ Mercury, Kit

10.4 inch was stock in the '65-'67 Hi-Po, so this would work, right? . However, Summit lists it as fitting the 84 to 93 Fords

I'm using the stock flywheel which I believe is 157 tooth

thanks,

Z. Ray

• The folks at Cobra Automotive recommend it. I was shopping for a new clutch before I decided to have my original rebuilt and that was their clutch of choice for restorations if NOS wasn't available.

• I used that clutch in my K and loved it. It is smooth, no chatter. It grabs well and has a relatively light pedal. Excellent! I replaced the throw out bearing and the pilot bearing while I was in there. Also took the flywheel out to resurface it.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

CTF-DF021048

Clutch Kit, Metallic, 1 1/ 16 in. Diameter Shaft, 10-Spline, 10.4 in. Diameter Disc, Ford/ Mercury, Kit

10.4 inch was stock in the '65-'67 Hi-Po, so this would work, right? . However, Summit lists it as fitting the 84 to 93 Fords

thanks,

Z. Ray

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Yup - I have it in my car (though I seem to recall they told me there was only a 10", not a 10.4 or .5 inch) and love it.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

CTF-DF021048

thanks,

Z. Ray

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Yup - I have it in my car (though I seem to recall they told me there was only a 10", not a 10.4 or .5 inch) and love it.

I have been told the centerforce part number ref. above is for 5.0 flywheel (has locating dowels, not for the (early) 289's. I did purchace the centerforce dual friction for the 289. Centerforce part # CTF-DF490030. It's a 10" not 10.4" though.

works OK, but probably overkill for a stock Hi-Po or GT-350

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!