K Fairlane at DVAP.com

• While at the BJ auction last week I took a side trip to Desert Valley Auto Parts. No Mustangs left but I did find a 64 Fairlane K code. I know these wer not Hipos but it was a pretty decent body. It has been stripped but is fairly rust free. It can be seen on there website at DVAP.com. The parts guys told me the best yard for Mustang stuff in the valley is FVM. Anyone ever heard of them??? Dave

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Larry have you checked out CTC auto ranch yet? Thinking about checking it out, love to prowl old junkyards.

http://www.ctcautoranch.com/index.html

Edited by - Mu5tanggt on 01/22/2009 15:37:23

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Haven't been there in about 15 years. Last time I was there they had a 66 K code coupe. When do you want to go. Opps I just checked you profile. Your a constrution inspector. I am a pier hole driller. That would be kinda like adding water and oil together.

Larry

• Only if you're not doing your job right I'm always up for exploring a junkyard. We still need to pick a time to get together with the Kars, I'm up for any Sat, but it could always change if my contractor wants to work on a Sat.

• Yea I know K code Fairlanes arent Hipos. The car I mentioned would be a good builder if you have a rusted car. Also a nice car to store/run your Hipo engine in till you find a Mustang. I had a 63 Fairlane years ago that was an original Hipo car. Dont remember the code. I rebuilt the motor so I know it was all Hipo correct. It was a 5 bolt block. When restoring it I bought some interior parts from a guy in VT. He told me as I was leaving he had the original motor in the garage. It was a complete engine and trans from a 63 Hipo Fairlane like mine. $400 plus it included a Offenhouser duel quad setup Carter AFB carbs. Sold the engine to a guy in Austraila and is now in a 65 Shelby. Dave

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Yea I know K code Fairlanes arent Hipos. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

K code Fairlanes are Hipos. That was the reasone for so many ??? in my first post. It's K code Comets that arn't hipos. Sorry for the confusion.

Mu5anggt, Just about any Sat. works for me too. As long as it's not to cold!

Larry

• Depends as some people read the VIN as that because the K when it is read as the Kansas City plant.On the Comets it depends what year it is and the VIN so give me some more details!

• I don't think that any of the hipo Comets were K codes. They are quite rare. I've read that they were A code, a few D code, and some with deleted digits (engine codes). About the only sure way to know is with the original build sheet which notes the "289 high performance option"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!