Hipo Exhaust Manifolds

• C7 hipo exhaust manifolds with a date of 4B7, would that decode Feb. 4th, 1967? I've checked my books and seems that exhaust date codes changed every year, doesn't seem consistent, Thanks

• Terry,

Based on the small sampling of C7 hipo exhaust manifolds that I've seen, the date code scheme consists of 3 groups of numbers. For example, one NOS C7 hipo manifold had a date code of 6-14-7, which decodes to June 14th of 1967. Perhaps the date code that you are referencing is actually 4-8-7, which would decode to April 8th of 1967. It will be interesting to hear other people's opinions on this topic.

Tom

• It's currently running on e-bay, would fit my project if it was a Feb. 4th piece, but seller states it could also be 467 which is probably more accurate, April 6th, 1967

• Official Post

I just looked at these manifolds and they are definitely 4-6-7 which is the April 6, 1967 that you thought. The picture in the auction is tough to make out but it is there. Keep in mind that this date is cast onto the back side of the manifold near the front of the engine and would be really tough to see on the car.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!