Wanted: April 67 HiPo Heads

• As far as C7ZE heads, I believe there were very few castings of them. I am not so sure there are any March or April 67 castings. I have only seen an early to mid Dec 66 ,6M22, 7B3, another Feb 67 date that I can't remember and 7E8 and 7E11. They must have made a lot of the December dated ones as I have seen them on relatively later production 67 K codes i.e. 67 Shelby's with serial #'s up to the low 2000's. There are also a lot of 7E11's floating around. Too bad they are too late for a lot of cars. The latest dates I have seen for a set of C7ZE heads are 7E11. I just sold a set actually. I think any later castings would become C8ZE heads as I have seen those with dates not too far after the 7E11's.Not sure if this helps, but I have had a few of these heads in the past and currently have some for my Shelby (not extra). They are very hard to find.

Jon

Edited by - 1175 on 12/18/2007 22:47:47

Edited by - 1175 on 12/18/2007 22:50:32

Edited by - 1175 on 12/19/2007 08:27:34

• FWIW, I'm thinking the point that 1175 made above has some validity. I have a '67 unmolested hipo motor with a block casting date of 7D7 and an assembly date of 7D25Y. Both non-thermactor C7ZE heads are dated 7B3. Hope this helps!

• The C7ZE-A head replaced the C5OE-A head when it appeared that the 289 HiPo would no longer be exempt from Califonia smog control. The only difference was a change in the casting for additional material around and in the exhaust port. This extra material allowed the head to be machined for the external air log injection system used on other 289 Cleveland heads. Most of these heads were not machined for the air injection system. However, 14 engines were, and installed in Mustangs build after 5-9-67 going to California -- this information is courtesy of Kevin Marti at MartiAutoWorks. (His licensed access to Ford data lists whether an engine had a thermactor system.) The service replacement C8ZE-B heads were built the same way as the C7ZE-A (just different markings), but the smog machining was always done and injector hole plugs were supplied for use in non-smog applications.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

As far as C7ZE heads, I believe there were very few castings of them. I am not so sure there are any March or April 67 castings. I have only seen an early to mid Dec 66 ,6M22, 7B3, another Feb 67 date that I can't remember and 7E8 and 7E11. They must have made a lot of the December dated ones as I have seen them on relatively later production 67 K codes i.e. 67 Shelby's with serial #'s up to the low 2000's. There are also a lot of 7E11's floating around. Too bad they are too late for a lot of cars. The latest dates I have seen for a set of C7ZE heads are 7E11. I just sold a set actually. I think any later castings would become C8ZE heads as I have seen those with dates not too far after the 7E11's.Not sure if this helps, but I have had a few of these heads in the past and currently have some for my Shelby (not extra). They are very hard to find.

Jon<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

My car was "actually built" on May 4, 1967. I have a block dated April 18th (7D18), and C7ZE non-thermactor heads (with the extra material but no holes) both dated February 3rd (7B3).

I was thinking that these heads were cast too early for my car's build date (based on advice from another thread on this ekschange board), but maybe I'm ok.

What do you think?

Thanks

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

As far as C7ZE heads, I believe there were very few castings of them. I am not so sure there are any March or April 67 castings. I have only seen an early to mid Dec 66 ,6M22, 7B3, another Feb 67 date that I can't remember and 7E8 and 7E11. They must have made a lot of the December dated ones as I have seen them on relatively later production 67 K codes i.e. 67 Shelby's with serial #'s up to the low 2000's. There are also a lot of 7E11's floating around. Too bad they are too late for a lot of cars. The latest dates I have seen for a set of C7ZE heads are 7E11. I just sold a set actually. I think any later castings would become C8ZE heads as I have seen those with dates not too far after the 7E11's.Not sure if this helps, but I have had a few of these heads in the past and currently have some for my Shelby (not extra). They are very hard to find.

Jon<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

My car was "actually built" on May 4, 1967. I have a block dated April 18th (7D18), and C7ZE non-thermactor heads (with the extra material but no holes) both dated February 3rd (7B3).

I was thinking that these heads were cast too early for my car's build date (based on advice from another thread on this ekschange board), but maybe I'm ok.

What do you think?

Thanks

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I think you are in the clear. I believe they are probably your original heads. I know a car in the 1600's (Shelby#) with December heads and a car in the 2200's (Shelby#) with December heads. I have not seen any casting dates other than the ones I listed in my above post.

Jon

Edited by - 1175 on 12/19/2007 15:37:55

What do you think?

Thanks

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

By any chance do you know the assembly date of the engine? Are you thinking that it is the original engine for you car? BTW, have you found any portion of the VIN stamped into your block?

Tom

Edited by - kgtman on 12/20/2007 10:35:02

By any chance do you know the assembly date of the engine? Are you thinking that it is the original engine for you car? BTW, have you found any portion of the VIN stamped into your block?

Tom

Edited by - kgtman on 12/20/2007 10:35:02

Unfortunately, my original engine is MIA (that's not Miami)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!