Value of 1966 K-Mustang 9" housing & axles

• What would be a going price for a 1966-style K-Mustang 9" axle housing and pair of axles? No centersection, brake pieces or u-bolts.

Springs pads were just starting to crack and tear on the housing and would need to be repaired. The u-bolts started wearing some grooves into the top of the housing (not through) and would need to be welded up and ground down.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Springs pads were just starting to crack and tear on the housing and would need to be repaired. The u-bolts started wearing some grooves into the top of the housing (not through) and would need to be welded up and ground down.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I'd opt to have your housing repaired if possible. It's probably cheaper/easier than finding another '66 housing in todays' market.

• I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear.

I have the housing already and have someone interested in buying it, but I am not sure what it is worth. I have seen others for sale, but they didn't need repair. I wanted to describe the condition it was in to get an estimate on a realistic price to sell it for.

• In that case, I'd try to get an estimate to repair the stress cracks. A good faith estimate from a spring and suspension specialty shop would give you an idea of how much to deduct from the price of your housing as compared to those recently sold units that were not in need of repairs.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!