Parts Identification

• Gary,

Bob Mannel's Small block Ford book only shows casting numbers - so I'm not sure if this will help.

'68 302 rods have a C8OE or C8OE-A cast into the neck.

I didn't see any rods with a number like yours - they all are C#OE or C#AE.

'63-64 HiPo 289 pistons would be marked with a C4OE 6110 ? casting number - the last digit probably varies by lot. Std 289 were cast C4AE 6110 ?. Casting number is down inside the bottom of the piston near the wrist pin area. I didn't see a C4OF casting.

I hope this helps.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Can someone tell me what engine the following parts go to:

1. Rods 68AE-D

2. -Pistons C4OF61104

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Gary - Tony (& Marv) list the following:

1. Hipo Rods = C30Z-6200-C part no., C3AE-D casting no. (mine agree with this casting)

2. Pistons = Casting no. C3OZ-6108-L. (Mine were C4-OE6116A before I replaced them with TRW L-2482F pistons. Could it be that our readings were transposed? Note the similarities below: E & F, 0 & 6, 4 & A:

C4 OF61104

C4 OE6116A

Edited by - noelfisher on 01/03/2007 10:27:39

• Noel,

Story behind this is I am in the process of buying these parts along with a block with caps. The block and caps appear OK according to the pictures I saw. I'm in one state and the parts are in another. So, I have to rely on pictures.

What threw me a curve was the part numbers on the Rods and Pistons. I requested the seller check the numbers again and send them to me. I can see how it would be easy to transpose some numbers and letters, like you said. I think that is the case and all is good. In addition, I requested the number on the rear main. I am told this should be C3OE on a K code and C2OE on a standard 289. Thanks to Fred for giving me this info on the rear main.

Thanks for your input and help,

Gary

Edited by - garymcgowan on 01/03/2007 13:06:00

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!