64 1/2 Hipo convt.

• A friend stumbled across a 64 1/2 Hipo convt triple black, complete but needs a complete resto. What is it worth today? I also have his 64 1/2 Hipo Cp here at my shop i just did a little work on. It's a 53K original and i think it's one of the first made. The built date says it was built the 11th of June 64

• Any more info on condition of body such as rust or accidents? Original drivetrain? Those conditions/items can make a big difference in what it would take to restore a car, the more work/K specific parts the car needs, will significantly reflect what it's worth.

• -Exactly..How complete is it?? Rust?? I just paid $2600 for my K Code Coupe,its a rust free straight car with no drivetrain in it at all.I have collected most all the numbers matching drivetrain I need and now I'm close to $9000 without even beginning the resto process!!

This car you're talking about is a 64 1/2 and its a convertible,that makes it both rare and desireable..

Edited by - Milpitas on 01/29/2007 12:54:20

• I gave $15,000 for a rusty '65 HiPo convertible that had most of the parts with it. The motor was freshly built with mexican caps and NOS piston and the tranny was original to the car. Most of the parts were there including two sets of '65 HiPo motor mounts.

• with all the parts, matching numbers motor, trans (should be with that mileage or the good stuff was yogi beared by some devious shop mechanics.. not you of course.. .. depending on rust and condition of existing original stainless and chrome, interior and so on .. it could be the 15k that the previous "poster" mentioned.. with out picture's the best you will get is a WAG or wild ass guess..

but 15k is a good start.. Mike in Germany

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!