65 K Kode Convertible For Sale

• This past Friday, I purchased a 1966 Shelby GT 350 (6S1108) from Lynn Park. I will be picking the car up late next week; therefore I need to sell my K Kode! I will listen to all REASONABLE offers. Please do not waste my time our yours with ridiculously low offers! The car is a very presentable, solid, well sorted out driver. Here is the description from a previous post:

“1965 K KODE CONVERTIBLE CASPIAN BLUE, LIGHT BLUE INTERIOR, WHITE TOP, RALLY PAC, 5 SPEED CURRENTLY INSTALLED (ORIGINAL TOP LOADER IS INCLUDED IN THE SALE), ALL THE CORRECT COMPONENTS ARE PRESENT AND ACCOUNTED FOR. THE CAR DOES NOT HAVE THE ORIGINAL MOTOR, BUT DOES HAVE A K KODE MOTOR WITH THE K STAMPING IN THE BLOCK. THE CAR IS EXTREAMLY CLEAN, AND VERY SOLID. VERY NICELY DETAILED THROUGH OUT (ENGINE, INTERIOR, UNDERSIDE). THIS CAR IS SORTED OUT AND READY TO GO! I AM THE THIRD OWNER AND IN LIVE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THAT THIS CAR HAS BEEN POSTED FOR SALE, AND I WILL NOT LOWER MYSELF TO POSTING IT ALL OVER THE INTERNET. I PREFER THE CAR TO GO TO SOMEONE FROM THIS WEBSITE. I WILL BE AS HONEST AS POSSIBLE TOWARDS ANSWERING ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE. I WELCOME AND INVITE YOU TO COME AND SEE THE CAR TO REALIZE HOW CLEAN AND SOLID OF A CAR THIS IS.”

The car IS NOT A GT PACKAGE! Several people who came and saw the car were expecting to see a GT package. The build date of this car is before the offering of the GT package.

If you are looking for a 100-point car, then look elsewhere. If you want a car that you can drive anywhere, and what to be seen in an extremely clean car that will appreciate in value, than this maybe what you are looking for.

Please feel free to come see the car, and drive it for your self. I have nothing to hide! However please have respect and keep your personal feelings to yourself, and do not start a bad thread about my car.

I can be contacted at kkode1965@hotmail.com or 626-966-2893

Thanks for taking the time to read this posting!

• Congrats on your Shelby purchase and best of luck with the sale of your hipo.

Although not currently in the market for one, I couldn't help but read your post several times to make sure I wasn't just interpreting your message incorrectly. As a Hipo owner, I know that you want the best for your car as well as obtaining the best possible price on it's sale. In my opinion however,your post seems a bit abrubt regarding low offers and waste of time.

I think we can all agree that this is the best place to post about a hipo for sale but in that vein, I would assume those who frequent here would know an approximate value for your car before making an offer. Unfortunately, you did not list a price.

Your description sounds like an honest one and I would think you would have no problem selling based off what you listed but for myself, I think I would be more likely to inquire if your post were a bit "softer" rather than pass based soley on how your post could be interpreted.

Again, just my opinion...not a reflection of your car.

Best of luck on your sale!

6f09k

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Unfortunately, you did not list a price.

6f09k

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

4 posts down in the K Mustangs section you will see he put a price of $53k obo on the K convertible. Sounds reasonable if the car is as nice as he says.

• I apologize. I did fail to mention the asking price in the description above.

I have reduced the price to $48,000.00 obo. Some one will be getting a VERY GOOD deal on a car that will continue to appreciate.

My motto is “ You never pay to much, you just pay to soon!"<b></b><i></i>

• Hmm...Mr. Park usually keeps the "good" stuff in his collection and rarely sells anything unless he has a better prospect on the horizon. I hope all of the numbers and equipment are intact on 1108.

Often the cars that leave estate collections of well known collectors are "storied" or have a rough past...be careful! Most of the '65 and '66's I've seen up for sale in the last 12-16 months have been hit hard and missing at least one of the three important Ford VIN stampings and the Shelby unit number stamping. Are all of these on the car? Has any sheetmetal been replaced on 1108? I'm sure you paid market to Mr. Park so...I hope you got a nice clean car.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!