• Hey guys - I'm doing this at someone's suggestion - soliciting Tiger info (yes I know this is a K code site; I'm lucky enough to have two 65'K Kodes).

Anyway, I have a shot at a "barn find" Tiger in my area. It appears some of you Kar nuts also have experience with Tigers. I don't know the year yet or particulars as the family has still not let me inspect the car. One note, I will wind up with an extra K engine and, who knows, it may wind up in a Tiger. I appreciate any advice you guys can give. Ah, my wife knows nothing about this yet.

Bill G.

• Bill,

I've always like Tigers myself too. I'd love to have a shot at one to restore and hot rod.

The local Tiger group in Tulsa OK would attend the Mid-America Shelby meet for many years. I spoke to a few of these Tiger owners back in the 80's when they attended regularly.

The only 2 things I can tell you is they all LOVED their cars BUT to a man they all complained about the difficulty in finding parts, serious overheating issues, and really bad wiring.

You can probably elminate these with modern stuff today unless originality is the goal.

I hope this helps.

• I've had a couple Tigers. It's been a few years, but I'd be happy to try and answer some questions for you if you send me an e-mail or PM. The first thing you want to confirm is, you want to be sure it's really a Tiger, and not a converted Alpine.

Spotted what I thought might be a Tiger for sale (driving 60 mph on a rural road in FL) last week - turned out to be a VERY rusty Sunbeam Alpine. Guy must have thought it was Tiger, though, as he had it priced like one at $3600 - I doubt it was worth $600.

Jeff

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!