salt lake city breakers

• Does any one know of a place in salt lake city I can get some mustang parts.I will be there next week and a wrecking yard would be great.I need a few internal pieces for my fastback and also a new headlight switch

Thanks Steve

• Very slim picking Mate. I made some calls to bone yeards for you this morning and no one had or could locate a '65 or '66 mustang in the Salt Lake area. I remember several years ago there was a small yard about a 30 minute drive from the SLC airport in a large town called, Ogden that had a yard with nothing but vintage cars. B & R Old Car Parts. Their website, http://www.broldcarparts, indicates they have a '69 coupe now, but that's it. We really have no "honey hole" for classic bone yards I am aware of in SLC vicinity. In the 80's Mustangs could be found abundantly. Hoep your tirp and stay in Salt Lake is still pleasant!!!

Matt

• the week end will be fun watching the world superbikes at miller motorsport park and also looking through the museum there. I also just learnt that the widow maker is in salt lake so have to give that a bash in the hire car on tuesday..thanks any way and if you think of something please...

Steve

• Maybe a coincidence, but the widow maker is located walking distance from the State prison on the other side of the 1-15 freeway! If you knew what to look for you should be able to see it from the plane to the South East of the airport, just a few minutes from landing...assuming you get a window seat.

• Official Post

Is the widow maker at Point of the Mountain?

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Not aware of junk yard with vintage Mustang stuff.

I don't believe Widowmaker is in Draper at Point of the Mountain anymore. There have been houses built on the hillside where it was held. It may have been moved elsewhere though.

I have several connections for Mustang parts. Several friends with near warehouses of stored vintage Mustang stuff. If they don't have what you want maybe they know someone who does. There is a lot of trading locally. Send me a PM and maybe we can connect.

Hope you enjoy your time here. Make sure you check out the Miller collection at the racetrack museum. It's awesome!

J.

• Hi Steve,

Yes, I received your email and responded. Maybe you didnt receive it. I'll try again. My friend has warehouses full of parts. I sent him your list and he said he has everything you requested. Just need to arrange time to get with him while you're here.

Joyce

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!