Mustang Documentary??

• I have posted this question on the VMF, and the new Concours Mustang website and am going to try here:

Does anyone know what has become of the Mustang Documentary that was being done by Tony Bagley & the Speed Channel??

I also understand that "Randy" of http://www.classicmusclecars.com was involved in the doc......

• Yes, This is the documentary I was asking about.......I had read that info once before and it seems to indicate that the documentary would be released in early summer of this year and I am just curious as to if it has been released and when it can be viewed by the public.

• Bill, Hey, Thanks for all this information, but I have seen all this before.....I guess we will all have to wait and see if the much talked about documentary ever materializes.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Here is a little update:The car in this article was one that was to have been in the Doc:

http://www.bigalslist.com/featuredcars/feat0908/feat0908.htm

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Proto-types are still out there......

I've got a '95 SVT Cobra coupe PP1 pre-production proto-type that has a complete SVT factory installed '96 4-Cam modular motor drive line. This includes T-45 transmission, brakes, suspension tweaks, etc.

Some of the changes are definitely crude including hand sawing out the shifter opening in the tunnel for the larger T-45 assembly. Brake lines, Master cylinder,fuel lines, cooling, wiring, main computer, plus many others are all different. It was also believed to be a '95 Cobra R proto-type as well, that they re-used for the install of the '96 Modular drive train. It wasn't a 'body-in-white' as it does have a VIN which also makes it very unusual.

It's not the 1st Mustang ever but believed to be the earliest Aluminum Cammer Mod-Motor car in existence which is the baseline for all SVT 4.6 & 5.4 cars to date. I guess you could call it a Modern K-car....??

Look for a feature article in Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords (old Mustang & Fords) December issue due out in late October......

Mark

• 65Shelby: You have a very rare car indeed!! very cool to hear about it! I saw the car (the famous "05C" car) when it was about 1/2 taken apart....it is really something to see.....the owner is a very rich Corvette collector and got the Mustang as part of a deal to get 2 Corvettes-the way I understand it is that he really didn't want the Mustang at all but went ahead and did the deal not knowing what he was getting and chances are the previous owner didn't know what the car was either....the way I understand it also is the car was restored using all NOS or refirbished original parts and absolutely NO reproduction parts.......

I also heard that the owner requested that the engine never be started like all his 'Vettes.........

• I didn't mean to hi-jack the topic.......but, it's not very often that 'Mustang Proto-type' anything comes to light - Thanks!!

I'm know where's near wealthy, and don't have any Corvettes (but my Father has several and I grew up with them), and most importantly, my stable gets started and driven regularly year round - you gotta love the south!!

My Cobra has lived a hard life from day 1. It was a test car X2, press demo car, and SVT circuit show car. Then, when it escaped into public hands, it became an SCCA E-Street prepared track car and won the National Championionship in Topeka Kansas in 1999 while piloted by John Ames, it's first owner. It was also a sponsored test car for Tokico and Torsen during it's race venue.

Here's a link to the car in race trim:

http://www.torsen.com/products/T-2R.htm

John first titled it with almost 30k miles. It now has 88k and still going strong. It sees 1 or 2 track events per year and some cruise-in's if I decide the '66K 2+2 needs a break, which isn't that often!!

I've got a couple folks from the old SVT regime still trying to dig up add'l info. from the Ford archives - one being John Clor, author of the 'Mustang Dynasty'. He was instrumental in proving the authenticity of a 10+ year paper trail, that went cold when SVT disbanded and most documentation was destroyed.

Life would be so boring without Kool Kars......

Mark

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!