Reproduction Rally Pac

• I am looking at installing a rally pac for my 1966 model year. Finding a good original is difficult, so for now, I am considering purchasing a reproduction unit. Since my car has a standard red interior, I am told that only deluxe interior received the color unit matched to the steering column, so I am looking at a black unit. Does anyone have an opinion on the faithfulness and quality of the reproduction units? Are there different manufacuteres of the reproductions and if so, who make the best unit? Any comments are appreciated.

• I bought and original 65 black rally pac. Installed it and it works, Tacho is accurate to about 3000rpm then gives up trying and the clock seems to be trying to make up for the Tacho as it is fast. Thinking of getting a repro myself for accurracy.From what i've read on this Forum, the repros tend to be more reliableand accurate. Go the repro I say, less hassles and if it doesn't work take it back. Cheers Tony

• In 1966 rally pac's that were installed by the manfacture were color matched to the interior. Rally pac's that were dealer installed were black. 1966 rally pacs are called low profile.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!