1964 Mustang K code coupe Southern Ca

• Hello All, I found and bought a 1964 mustang K code coupe all original, original owner K code, guardsman blue, it has been sitting in a garage for 50 years doing a partial restoration on all mechanical upgrading the brakes and engine and all other components to make it totally drivable. Body is straight but has total patena paint. Interior has been totally redone to original colors but everything is new to showroom condition. what do you think should I keep exterior all original patina or paint to look new?

• I would say give it a nice paint job - guardsman blue is an incredibly nice exterior color, and if the interior is like new then I think the exterior has to match.

Congratulations on your purchase! I have a black on black 64 1/2 Koupe which is being restored as we speak, and should be back on the road on in May/June. Can't wait...!

• Congratulations! Great find! I'd love to find something like that. I'm partial to the 64 1/4 cars. I have a D code convertible and a 64 Pace Car.

• New
    • Official Post

Congratulations on the find!!

I agree with OhSLOW on the paint. Patina really only works if the interior matches.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!