3939 SB fuel pump ID

• I have a fuel pump stamped 3939 SB on lower flange and date 30F2C with dual springs.

Stamped Carter on side and made in USA on the other. Finish on the pump is perfect and believe this is an NOS part but the date code seems off. Would this be an over-the-counter pump based on the date?

I purchased a large lot of NOS parts and this was in a Ford box.

Also have another NOS fuel pump stamped CARbureTER and made in USA. 3911 S with a date code 5H4A. May be a re manufactured pump with a stamp reading RENOVATED. Any help on either of these would be appreciated.

Todd

• Your 3939 SB pump dated June 30, 1972 is an over counter service replacement for the 1965 3939-S pump C5OZ 9350 A. I have seen a number of these come through my fuel pump restoration service. It will function as designed but carries a much lower value than the originals.

The 3911-S is dated August 5, 1964 and is close to the earliest use of the crimped style of pump. The renovated stamp was mostly done by Kem rebuilders. Ford had their own group of remanufacturers and they stuck a label on the pump with their RM and a two digit number to ID their branch. Being as it is a renovated pump, please email me pictures as there are few subtle things that get mixed on these pumps a lot of the time. The rebuilders mix and match to fit the application that they need and do not care about numbers or differences in parts.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!