5R09K169922 at California Cars in Registry

• I just bought this Mustang. As Warren Buffet said, “Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

Not original HiPo engine. Missing GT hood trim. Repainted in original color.

1965 Ford Mustang Fastback K Code — California Cars

• Body: Fastback
    • Color: Phoenician Yellow
    • Stock ID: 230603
    • VIN: 5R09K169922

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Not only is this a rare K Code fastback it was also once owned by the actor Charlie Sheen who is also known to be a collector of some special vehicles. This un-restored survivor has been well kept and runs and drives great. Finished in Phoenician Yellow with Black stripes and the GT Package which consists of factory fog lights, dual exhaust with Trombone tips exiting the rear valance, front disk brakes, special emblems, Black lower side accent stripes and a set of 14 inch Style Steel wheels with raised white letter radials for a smooth ride. Under the hood sits a solid lifter Hi Po 289 V8 rated at 271 Horsepower, Cobra engine dress up kit, 4 speed manual transmission and a 3.50 ratio rear differential for some off the line fun! The interior is nice and stock with the Black standard Vinyl bucket seats, fold down rear seat, Rally Pac gauges, Hurst 4 speed shifter and an old Alpine AM/FM Cassette knob stereo in the uncut stock radio location. This Black plated California built car was owned and loved by the previous adult owner for the past 12 years and it is time to pass the torch to the next lucky owner!

Body: Fastback

Color: Phoenician Yellow

Stock ID: 230603

VIN: 5R09K169922

Price: $69,900.00

• Thanks Math and for the thread move. As you pointed out, (and I can confirm now) not a real GT. I was reading an old interview, and was hoping it was a dealer demo. But nothing supports that. I have verified though it is a real K-code.

Someone used a steel frame fiberglass hood. Nicest shifting T10 I've driven. Rear end is way to tall though - doesn't feel like it is 3.50.

• I am the one who moved your thread.

Your Kar should have an HEH-T toploader and not a T10.

One of my Kars has what seems like 3.00. I have had that Kar since 1985 but I have been too BUSY to check it for sure. Maybe I will get some time later this year. The advantage of the taller gear to me is that it cruises well at 80 MPH on my Los Angeles freeways where most of my driving is done. One of my other Kars I checked while it was on my pit and it has 3.25 gears and drives reasonably well on the freeways. Two of my previous Kars had 3.50 gears and I drove them cross country to get them home, although it seemed to be working the engine a bit. My other Kar has a 3.89 and I hate it at speeds as low as 55 MPH as it seems to be too much thrashing on the engine.

Keep in mind that this is coming from a guy whose only new car was a 67 RS SS 350 Camaro that I bought specifically to put my 427 Chevy engine into. I had dealer installed 4.88 positraction installed before I picked up the car from new. I took it home to my apartment and that night in my carport, I pulled the trans and changed the main drive and cluster to convert it from a wide ratio to a close ratio. Therefore, on day One, the rear end and transmission did not match original. At the time, I thought nothing of running the engine over 4K all the way to Vegas and also to San Francisco. This engine has been to 8,300 a few times and the Carillo rods are earning their keep. I have had that engine in 5 cars now and all of them had 4.88 or 5.13 gears. Even the 66 Corvette roadster that I have had since 1980 had 4.88 gears in it when I bought it used. I have since changed the gearing to 3.36 so that I can cruise easy as far away as Denver. All of these cars were street drivers, although they were no slouches at the drag strips.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Sorry for the slow reply. Thanks for the info and the stories are awesome.

I've been fighting the wiring on the Mustang for months. Amazingly the headlight harness was bare wire inside the lower radiator support. No wonder the horns didn't work and prior owner replaced regulator and battery. :)

I've kept the gt theme, but in hindsight given all the wiring issues I should have converted it back to a standard '65 dash and wiring. But that's for another time.

All the best in 2024.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!