May 65 Hipo motor for sale

• I have a 5E29 dated HP289 that has been in my car since 1999. There are no issues with this motor. The only reason I am pulling it is I have located my origional vin stamped block and decided to build it from scratch V/S tearing apart a perfectly good hipo motor and robbing all the parts. a little about the motor, it has been bored 30 over. I do not have the exact mileage but it’s low. I can show the buyer documented mileage of 30,411 on my odometer when I purchased the car in 1986 and the current reading is 45,111. That is 14,700 in the past 37 years and the motor was installed around the year 2,000. I would venture to say mileage is 5,000 or less. The compression is 200 psi per cylinder last I checked. It does not smoke and runs like a top. All the rotating internals are there and correct for a 65 dated motor.

The Cons- it has no vin stamp and C3 heads installed.

I am selling the long block and rotating assembly only. This will include the ballancer and flywheel to save having to rebalance the motor. the buyer can come drive my car, compression test the motor, then we can pull it the following day for pick-up/transport. I want 8,000 OBO for this plug and play engine. I live in North Florida so pick up is preferred unless you want to arrange the freight yourself. PM me direct if interested.

Just to be clear you will get the following:

Oil pan

Ballancer (C3)

Crank

Tomahawk

Rods

Pistons

Block

Flywheel (non hipo)

Installed water pump (non hipo)

Timing cover

Correct C3 hipo cam

Lifters

Pushrods

Heads (C3 hipo)

Rocker arms

NOT INCLUDED:

Air cleaner, carb, carb spacer, intake, valve covers, exhaust man, bellhouse, fan, pulleys, Alt, brackets, dizzy or fuel pump.

I do have a few photos of the engine with the rocker covers pulled and the oil pan pulled I can send on request.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!