One Owner 1965 Fastback 5F09K631012

• A friend called to tell me this original one owner car was being auctioned 25 minutes from my house 2 days before the auction. The next day (Friday) I ran up to take a peek... The greatest surprise was meeting the 81 year old owner after the auction and finding out he had every piece of original paperwork, including many letters of correspondence to Ford Motor Company, Carroll Shelby Motors, Holman & Moody and A.K. Miller. Never hit, never rusted just a well maintained "garage find". I have collected Mustangs for more than 30 years and this is one of the best ones I've ever bought!

1965 Ford Mustang Fastback
    www.saratogaautoauction.org
  • C6ZZKGT January 22, 2022 at 11:17 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “One Owner 1965 Fastback” to “One Owner 1965 Fastback 5F09K631012”.
  • Great buy at $67,100!! Does that include the commission?

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Yes, that included commission but not 8% NY state sales tax. The auctioneer had no idea how special the car is. He never announced K Code, one owner, original paint, original keys, both owner's manuals, sales paperwork. Original sales invoice states (5) 15" (Shelby wheels) with Pirelli Cinturato tires. The car came with an Arvinode exhaust but it was replaced with a GT style exhaust after the owner complained about to much noise (documented)

• Complaints about the noise of the original Arvinode system was not uncommon at the time.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!