Rear Shock Mounting Plates

• Hi Guys,

are the rear shock mounting plates different for the Kcode, (9 inch diff) than the normal 83/4 mustang Diff.

my Ubolts from the diff down to the plate are angled in doesn't look right and I'm reasonably sure its not right, they should go straight down to the plate

cheers

Haydn

• For 65 and 66 Mustangs, all of them used the same plates regardless of engine size or axle size. Do you have the correct original U-bolts? The correct ones have flat spots on the top where they fit over the housing. If yours are round, they are wrong. I do have NOS ones if you need them.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Hi Fred,

Ubolts are correct, however I took one of the Shock mounting plates off yesterday and got on Google to compare them the mounting plates look nothing like a 65-66 mustang mounting plate in fact they are the same as the 67-70 plates so I would say that is my issue

cheers

Haydn

• Hi Fred,

Ubolts are correct, however I took one of the Shock mounting plates off yesterday and got on Google to compare them the mounting plates look nothing like a 65-66 mustang mounting plate in fact they are the same as the 67-70 plates so I would say that is my issue

cheers

Haydn

I am happy that you have figured out your issue. If you need the shock plates, I probably have them as used pieces.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Haydn,

I am away until Wednesday so please send me an email on this.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!