Pony Interior Available

• I am at a car show and someone told me my K code could not have a pony interior because they were not offered on 1966 k codes. Is that true?

I didn’t want to argue and my door data plate says different.

• That persons comment regarding your interior is totally untrue. If your Kar has a body style code of 63B, 65B, or 76B, all of these had pony interior, which Ford called the luxury decor group, as it was a regular option for the entire 1966 model year on all Mustangs. At one time I had six Hipo GT pony interior fastbacks and convertibles all at the same time. Therefore, although not common, they were produced.

There is a lot of bogus information being bantered about regarding both the pony interior and GT options. Keep in mind that on the 1965 model year, the GT and pony interior both became options on the first anniversary of the Mustang in April 1965. Keep in mind that both the GT and pony interior options were stand alone options and were not required to be purchased together.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!