Wanted: 1963-64 Starter Assembly For 289

• Wanted: Fairlane C3OF-11001-A starter (I think C4OF-11001-A was the service part later.). NOS for concours desired but a unit that will appear as new when reworked would do.

Thanks.

Dan

• I just "built" a starter for my 1965 "K" code Mustang using a correct looking top quality re-manufactured starter from my local parts suplier.

When I got the starter it had the rear "band" and the "hump" cover finished in what I believe was zinc-dichromate which is incorrect for our older cars.

"Caspian65" was able to provide a picture of a correct starter for me to use as a guide.

I simply painted the band and the hump with semi-gloss black, then feathered black onto the nose piece, then added the correct proper decal from NPD to it.

Mine sure looks good!! may be you could do the same??

• That one is not a Ford manufactured starter and Dan is looking for an original. The seller states the fact that it is not a Ford starter in the questions and answers at the bottom of the auction.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!