6?09K?????? on Ebay

• Official Post

66 Mustang fastback is for sale by Ebay seller "aicheledogs" with a starting bid of $200.00:

I am putting our 1966 HiPo GT K code Fastback 289/auto up for sale. It's been restored years ago and you can see imperfections in the paint. Very decent driver quality paint. According to the replacement door data plate, it should have pony interior, but has standard interior. The carpet looks dirty and could use a good cleaning. The engine is NOT numbers matching and does not have the correct heads. The engine currently in it has a correct replacement balancer, correct exhaust manifolds, and duel points distributor. I am not sure of the internals of the current engine. It has the correct 9" rearend under it. The transmission is a standard C4. It runs well, but is dying at stops, I am currently having a correct looking HiPo carb built for it, but it will be a clone of an original HiPo carb and will cost an extra $1700. Inner fender vins match the title that is in our name. The battery tray area shows a repair done at some point from a little fender bender, but it's not bad. From what I can tell, there has been new quarters, floors, drop downs and I think new doors. The trunk area needs painted from when they replaced the quarters and dropdowns. I have taken a lot of pictures and can send more if needed. The car drives nicely down the road. It has front disc brakes, as did all GT cars.

We bought the car about 10 months ago and it's been sitting in our garage since then. We have driven it about 150 miles and the carb started dying out, that's why I ordered a rebuilt one. We are buying a piece of property in central Oregon and want to pay it off, so that's why it's for sale. I can't post all the pictures I took on the post. I have some pictures of chips and touchups. I have told you all I know about the history of the car. I'm not sure who did the restoration or metal repair.

I have purchased a date correct block (standard bore) and the correct heads, main caps, rods, and balancer. I will work out a deal for the carb and engine parts if the winning bidder is interested in them.

Just for the record, there were automatics in both the 66 and 67 modles of the HiPo cars. It has the correct GT parts.

Again, this is a great looking car, but shows that it's an older restoration. Everybody who sees the car loves it and the color combination. I have explained all that I know about the car, I do not know the history of it or how many people owned it prior to me. I know the engine drives fine going down the highway, but I dont know the history behind the engine.

I will answer all questions to the best of my ability. I can take more pictures if needed. The Mustang is being sold locally and I may end the auction if it is bought off Ebay. Selling AS-IS with no warranty.

Thanks and happy bidding

On Jun-27-21 at 19:04:48 PDT, seller added the following information:

The extra HiPo parts are not included in the sell of the car. They and the carb can be purchased by the winning bidder if interested. I will not sell the parts separately.

1966 Ford Mustang | eBay

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Official Post

66 Mustang fastback sold July 4, 2021 on Ebay for $40,000.00 with 40 bids from 22 bidders.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!